Tuesday, January 31, 2012

We may have claim to the first Mardi Gras, but they take the cake.....

"Ahhhh, memory impairment........the free prize at the bottom of every Vodka bottle"
 - Sheldon Cooper

This past weekend my travels took me to good ole New Orleans, Louisiana.  I really can honestly say that of every major US city I have ever been to, NOLA is special.  It is completely different from any other city in the way that NO other city is like it.......seriously.

New York, Chicago, Boston, Philly, etc are all great and have their own flair and vibe but nothing touches the individuality of NOLA.  From its founding to now it remains, in my mind the most unique city.

I must say that the people that live in this wonderful city are just as wonderful and unique.  I had the pleasure to run over for a night to celebrate the upcoming marital vows one of my pledge sisters will be taking soon.  In lieu of hand grenades at Tropical Isle, Hurricanes at Pat O's and boas we went for the more laid back approach.

Dinner at Galatoire's was amazing.  I have eaten my way around many of the NOLA classics and many of the newer trendier places but had not yet tried Galatoire's.  The service and experience were amazing as with any of the classics but the atmosphere was completely different and I LOVED it.  It was loud and colorful just like the city in which it resides.

We then took the party over to the terrace at the Ritz Carlton (my all time favorite place to stay) and toasted the bride to be with some bubbly.  It was a lovely end to a lovely night.

The group of girls we were with were so fun and absolutely hilarious.  I got my ab workout in over cocktails.  Their personalities were as colorful and crazy as the big easy and they sure did make it enjoyable!








No comments:

Post a Comment