Thursday, January 26, 2012

Scoot'n Around UNaccessorized.........

Tomorrow evening marks the first ball of the carnival season for me.  Although I am very excited about this, as I usually am for the start of the craziness, I have no idea how I am accessorizing this season. 

I keep my Mardi Gras style very simple.  Classic BCBG or ABS gowns for the most part, easy hair, natural make up and a little clutch.  This year we are throwing in two gowns that I love, but are a little out of my comfort zone.  And a make up artist.  Luckily I have a good friend that can work some magic with that hot mess that appears under your eyes when you have been out too late the night before.  (Thank you, Logan Connor at Nouveau)

The one issue I have is accessorizing.  I am awful.  I have 3 pairs of classic earrings I wear with everything from running shorts to formals.  Pearls, my blue topaz David Yurman cookies and the classic silver Tiffany knots that were a graduation gift from my best friend.  Did I mention that I graduated from college 12 years ago?!?! Same for necklaces- I wear pearls with EVERYTHING.

I need a sassy fashionista to take me on and SCHOOL ME on this because sometimes preppy and sassy just don't meet so well in the middle.  Any ideas- all are welcome!  I need to bust out of this accessory challenged haze!







2 comments:

  1. One rule of thumb I have always followed is that any dress with ornamentation near the neckline or shoulder doesn't need a necklace. A simple stud earring of a faceted crystal that either matches the color of the dress or clear or iridescent would be understated yet eyecatching. If the dress is a solid color with no adornment, your pearl necklace with maybe an added pearl and rhinestone pendant and pearl and rhinestone earrings would be pure classic elegance. A single strand of swarovski crystals as a necklace with matching single strand drop earrings would be just as classy and not too flashy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the wonderful suggestions! That is not really my style but I'll try about anything once :-)

    ReplyDelete