Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends.....

"With every friend I love who has been taken into the brown bosom of the earth a part of me has been buried there; but their contribution to my being of happiness, strength and understanding remains to sustain me in an altered world."
- Helen Keller 


One of the greatest things I value in this life is the friendships that I have formed over the years.  I would like to think of myself as a fiercely loyal friend.  Almost to a fault.  I am not a perfect friend, as I am not a perfect person, but I am a damn good one.  

One of the things I have learned in my 33.5 years is that true friendships are a rare blessing.  It is easy to meet people and I have a large network of "friends" but I have come to realize how very easy it is to be friends with someone when things are wonderful.  It is quite another thing to find friends that will stick with you through poor decisions, messy situations and the ugliness that can be life in general.  


I have been fortunate.  I know this.  I have the most wonderful friends that anyone could ask for.  I know that I can call on these people, my true friends for ANYTHING.  And I appreciate them very much.  It makes me feel great to be the kind of friend that they can call on as well.  Even if it is to vent about my dog getting in the trash again, it is wonderful to know that they will listen.  


One of the best feelings is to know that although you grow individually, you do not grow apart from these special friends.  No matter the distance or time that has gone past.  They are there.  And you know they always will be.........................










No comments:

Post a Comment