Sunday, February 19, 2012

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger?

"I've got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom. " - Thomas Carlyle


Mardi Gras will not kill me, I will emerge from this carnival season a victor, come hell or high water.  Today is Sunday, or as it is known in Mobile- Joe Cain Day.  This means that fat Tuesday is two days away and we have over 3 weeks of mardi gras behind us.  We have been to 4 balls, two barn parties, a queens reception and still have another ball and reception to attend.  Jason has ridden once and will ride again.  I am READY for Mardi Gras to be over.  I believe that I will not move from my bed on Wednesday.  Mommy will get breakfast bars, lunchables and hit up red box prior to this day so that little man can feed, water, and entertain himself on our day of much needed rest.


On the plus side, I have seen so many people that I may only see once a year, many people I have not seen in years and years and great friends that I should see more often.  This carnival season has brought some interesting people watching, slutty looking super hero girls dancing on stripper poles and a much needed trip to the chiropractor.


We have had so much fun so far.  I am fairly certain that Monday and Tuesday will not kill me as long as I stay hydrated and fed.  I did get an adorable new hat that I cannot wait to wear Tuesday and I get to wear a cocktail dress I have had for a while and not worn.  I cannot wait until the KOR party to see all the hats!  So much fun.  Only in Mobile do people get dressed up and wear a hat on Mardi Gras day in the middle of the craziness in the streets that is fat tuesday.


Jasons ball last night, the MOT ball was a complete blast.  We had friends in town and friends in tow.  For some of them it was their first Mobile Mardi Gras and others have been before.  One of my favorite nights of the year was again a memorable one.  It is fun to have your husband in an organization with a million people you know.  It makes the ball much more fun!  Stay tuned for a mardi gras wrap up as well as tips on how to recover from fat tuesday in time to make it to one of your best friends weddings the following Saturday!


Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler!


                                 No, I did not wear them all night!






                                                       Title Float
                                                       Emblem Float
                                 Jason is right in the middle on the bottom




No comments:

Post a Comment