Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My Life in the Carpool Line

"A suburban mother's role is to deliver children obstetrically once, and by car forever after."
 ~Peter De Vries

I feel like I spend half of my life in the carpool line. As I sit here and type this out on my phone I am at good ole UMS-Wright in........wait for it.........the carpool line!!!! SHOCKER!

One thing I don't get is the stick figure family stickers. I can't even draw a stick figure so I surely don't understand the reasoning behind the sticker. What exactly made someone think, "one day! One day I will design a sticker that will appear on half of the mini vans in the US"

I watch Dexter on Showtime. It's about a serial killer that is a blood spatter analyst for Miami Metro and he hunts other killers. There is always a big serial killer he hunts. In one season, the serial killer found his target from one of these stick figure stickers. He knew some things to say to the child about his family to gain trust based on the mini van sticker. Then Dexter had to hunt him to rescue the child.

That would really suck if your kid was trapped because of the stick figure family on your car.

It would suck even more if the serial killer knew the moms initials because they were also on the back of the van.

Or, (gasp) if the serial killer knew the mother liked flip flops because there was a flip flop sticker on the opposite corner as the stick figure family.

I guess the mini van driver with the stick figure family, monogram and flip flops likely does not get why I have a whale on my bumper. Or a big green thing that is telling her to "Eat Berthas Mussels" or my need to tell the world where I attended college.

Guess my son should watch out for a serial killer telling him he is friends with me because I like pink whales, eat mussels from Bertha and like UA.

Oh, the things you have time to think about in the carpool line!

1 comment:

  1. I love bertha's mussels i eat there to often to remember I mean i live right down the street lol.

    ReplyDelete