Thursday, February 23, 2012

Recovering AFTER the month of gross indulgence that is MARDI GRAS

“At every party there are two kinds of people- those who want to go home and those who don't.  The trouble is, they are usually married to each other.” - Ann Landers

 

Thursday.  The day after Ash Wednesday, subsequently being the day after Mardi Gras, or Fat Tuesday.   There is so much going on in Mobile during carnival season.  ESPECIALLY the week leading up to Mardi Gras.  Two weekends prior we had the Incas on Friday, Comic Cowboys barn party and MOMs Saturday, MOT Barn party Sunday, Monday off, Tuesday was a work event for the hubs, Wednesday crazy, Thursday Striper parade, Friday friends came in and the Crewe parade, Saturday MOT, Sunday friends depart and Jason rode MOT due to the rescheduled parade, Monday IMs and Tuesday KOR.  

Mardi Gras day was beautiful.  The weather could NOT have been nicer.  Mid 70s and sunny.  Perfect for a day party.  And Lundi Gras was wonderful.  I always LOVE the Infant Mystics Ball.  Famous last words: I will not stay until the drum roll this year.  RIIIIGGGHHHHTTTT.............

One thing I love about the KORs is that you can get down there by noon, enjoy the parades, go to the reception, catch the OOM parade and still be home by 7:30.  Let's thank the good lord for that because by the time the end of it comes, NOBODY needs to be out past 7:30.  Most especially not me.  The great thing about seeing your girlfriends at these event is having fun with them.  The bad thing is that nobody has good judgement on Mardi Gras.  Fat Tuesday is one hell of a nemesis.  Famous last words:  I will NOT go to the A Club for the OOM parade this year.  UGH.  Yes, I did.  

I'm very lucky to have such a great husband.  He couldn't make the reception this year but I still went with a great group of girls and had a blast.  I love dressing up and wearing a hat.  Always a great time!  And luckily for me he likes to cook so he had some GREAT red beans and rice waiting when we came home.  

Luckily for us the weather has been cloudy, rainy and generally nasty for the days following Mardi Gras.  PERFECT weather for staying inside and relaxing.  As far as detoxing- I have given up alcohol for lent and I am getting some much needed sleep!

Next, college room mate arrives tomorrow for a pledge sisters wedding in Alys Beach.  I can handle one night- I cannot handle a month any more.  I am now officially too old!  

Overall, Mardi Gras 2012 brought lots of great moments, no bad ones and very little sleep.  I am looking forward to 2013 :-)















No comments:

Post a Comment