Sunday, February 12, 2012

Oh, I LOVE Mardi Gras!

"Most of us don't need a psychiatric therapist as much as a friend to be silly with." 
~Robert Brault

I love Mardi Gras!  Everything about it.  The parades, the balls, the pageantry around all of it- EVERYTHING.   I very much, especially LOVE spending this time with my girlfriends.  


As much as I love my husband and love a great night out with him, I relish the nights I get with my girlfriends.  As we get older we get married, have kids and essentially grow apart from our every day communication.  HOWEVER, during Mardi Gras we come together for parades, balls and general fun.  I love it!  It's like a girls night out without the planning.  


I am fortunate enough to have some seriously wonderful girlfriends.  We are all very busy so I don't get to see them as often as I would like, but when I do I truly appreciate the time.  And we have FUN!  Watch out- it's on!  


The past couple of nights we have had a couple of balls to attend.  My girlfriends have made them so much fun!  I love getting dressed up, grabbing a cocktail and chatting (and dancing) with these ladies.  Mommas can still shake it and have fun- as if there were ever a doubt. 


I need to send a big shout out to the MOMs.  Whoever said that ladies organizations were lame and can't party as hard needs to be shot.  These women have F-U-N.  And, I had about two tons of fun at their ball tonight!  I was able to see people I have not seen in a while, dance, chat and just have a generally good time.  It was a blast!  


No doubt that the rest of Mardi Gras will be a GREAT time!  


I LOVE MY FRIENDS.................







(Celie and Catherine ;-) Shout out to you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment