Thursday, March 22, 2012

Scoot'n Off to See My Sorority Sisters....Again

“They say nothing lasts forever; dreams change, trends come and go, but friendships never go out of style.”  
 - Carrie Bradshaw

I've said it before and I will say it again............  I have been exceptionally blessed with wonderful girlfriends.  Especially my sorority sisters.  There is a small group of us that have gathered once a year for the past 5 years for a sort of reunion weekend.  We try to gather for important things, usually football games and weddings in between.  Some make it, some of us don't but we always have a majority present and always miss the ones that are not. 

This weekend coming up is the final of my Southern Spring Wedding Tour '12.  I get to see a group of my pledge sisters for the second time in a month to celebrate the marriage of another.  It's these weekends that I love and look forward to all year. 

Jamie is getting married in New Orleans, where she is from, to an amazing man that has brought out the absolute best in her.  I have been to this city with each of the group at different times over the past decade and a half but never has it been all of us at once.  I am afraid for the city.  Especially when Jamie's group of girlfriends from college gets paired for the first time with her ridiculously fun group of friends from home.  This shall be epic.  I cannot wait to take photos of this one! 

New Orleans is one of my favorite cities and I cannot wait to make new memories with some amazing ladies!  And, husbands that will be there, of course.  Between balcony parties in the quarter, trolling around the city, wedding uptown and a wonderful brunch on the way out, I am sure I will have no shortage of things to write about at the end of the weekend.  I must say that I am also excited to stay at the InterContinental.  It will be a new hotel for us.  As we are creatures of habit, we usually stay at the Ritz on Canal but we will be giving the IC a spin this go round.  Lucky for us, everybody else is too :-)

Have a good weekend, people!  I'm Scoot'n off to New Orleans!







1 comment:

  1. So understand the sentiment and best wishes to your sis...

    And...

    Get beignets at Morning Call in Metairie if you can. BEST beignets in NOLA and best cafe au lait ever.

    ReplyDelete