Sunday, March 18, 2012

My Top 5 Favorite Designers...........

"It’s a new era in fashion - there are no rules. It’s all about the individual and personal style, wearing high-end, low-end, classic labels, and up-and-coming designers all together." — Alexander McQueen
 
Anybody that knows me knows that I am not AT ALL, in any way, shape or form all about what's hot right this second in the fashion world.  I don't go out and spend ridiculous amounts of money on the hottest trends because that is what they are- hot trends.  I much prefer the basic classics.  I like that my style is simple.  That I can pair designer jeans and shoes with a top from target or TJ Maxx.  And, I like that the things I wear don't really go out of style.  I have been stepping out of my normal comfort zone lately with little things, but fairly classic all the same.  Things like white jeans or nude/ beige shoes and boxy tops rather than the standard oxford or polo.  These are the designers that I love right now, some I have for quite some time and some in the past few years but I am certain they will remain in my closet for years to come and always go well with my pearls.............. 

1)  Lilly Pulitzer-  Without a doubt one of my signature designers and all time favorites.  I love everything about Lilly.  The patterns, fabrics, colors and the simplicity of the clothes.  I love that I can wear bright shoes with anything Lilly and that no matter the colors in the pattern, if you pair with something bright you are doing just fine.  I love that the same dress can be worn to a beach party or dressed up for a wedding.  And, I love even more that the dress I bought for my rehearsal dinner in 2004 is still being made, just in different prints.  I adore the new pattern Lilly has for Theta too.  I have a little bit of everything from Lilly. Coffee table books, key chains, shoes, clothes, bags, perfume, a phone cover and bathing suits.  Even pajamas.  My friends used to joke with me whenever we would see someone in Lilly asking if I knew what pattern it was.  All time love.  I am a forever Lilly lover!
 
2)  Kate Spade-  I love the classic look of Kate Spade.  Her clothing is conservative but sometimes can be sassy.  I fell in love with her handbags in college and still to this day carry those and continue to buy her newer designs. I love her bags so much that I buy her diaper bags as well.  Right now I have 3 of them.  Yes, 3 diaper bags by her.  I am also a rather large fan of her shoes.  I love the way she uses bows a lot.  Big fan of bows...........shocker, I am sure.   
 
3)  Tory Burch-  Besides the fact that she is a Theta I love Tory for the same reason I love Kate Spade and Lilly.  Her designs are classic, simple and timeless.  I know that the bags and shoes I have I can carry and wear with anything- forever.  I am particularly obsessed with her boots.  And, they are comfortable.  I'm in the market for some new accessories and I'm really liking what I am seeing from her.  

4) Elizabeth McKay- Who doesn't love a designer that works with ruffles and elephants.  Duh.

5)  Ralph Lauren-  I don't even need to explain this.  I love a popped collar.  

I'm fairly certain nobody finds this shocking or surprising.  I'm a simple, preppy girl with simple preppy taste.  Of course I love vineyard vines, brooks brothers and recently a fan of Theory and Tibi but I will ALWAYS love my staples and go-to's.  And everything in my wardrobe can be paired with classic ray-ban aviators.  I'm sure my husband enjoys that he does not have to replace my wardrobe every season each year.  










1 comment: