Wednesday, August 15, 2012

And Then the Boy Had a Name............

Never argue with a pregnant woman. You will almost always lose.  Unless you are Jason Dabbs and make very valid points when you argue.  When we started on this journey of expanding our family I had my baby names picked out.  If we were to have a girl she would be Sally Steuart Goldsborough Dabbs and go by Steuart.  I am the 5th Sally in my family and wanted to name her after my grandmother, Sally Steuart Goldsborough.  Mom is Sally Goldsborough Lambert as was I until I became Sally Goldsborough Lambert Dabbs.  It was a no brainer.  As Jason is the 5th Mark in his family it was also a no brainer that our first boy be named Mark.  The middle name has no family significance but happened to be the only name we could agree on at the time.  Hence Mark Hunter Dabbs.  I was going to have my way this time come hell or high water. If we were to have a boy I wanted to name him Randolph Hooper Dabbs and call him Hooper.  Randolph for my father and Hooper is a family name.  My uncle is Richard Hooper Goldsborough as was my grandfather.  My great grandfather was Donald Hooper Goldsborough and his father was Arthur Hooper Goldsborough who was named for his mothers family- Mary Catherine Hooper.  It's been around a while.  My Uncle has no sons named for him as we are a family of most all girls but he does have two daughters.  Jason adamantly opposed Hooper on the principal that my two cousins should have the right to name their male children after their father first.  I see where he is coming from and thus moved on to tougher battles.  Our second son will not be Randolph Hooper Dabbs.  Rather, he will be named Randolph Steuart Dabbs.  After my father and my grandmothers family.  Yes, it was my girl name but I'm fairly convinced I will be the mother of all boys and again, it's the only thing we could agree on.  At least I get to squeeze a WASPy family name in there some how.  So........Steuart it is!  Hunter helped pick it out and is already calling his little brother by name.  6 months down :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment