Monday, February 25, 2013

Catching Up......

"The love of family and the admiration of friends is much more important than wealth and privilege."
- Charles Kuralt

I'm not completely certain that I truly knew the meaning of the word "BUSY" until I had my second child.  Now I know.  Sometimes I wish I did not.  

I love staying busy, it makes me feel a sense of fulfillment in my everyday life.  I feel a sense of accomplishment when I complete tasks and don't sit down all day.  This is where the Keurig comes in to play even more.  I swear if I don't drink 5 cups of coffee I get nothing done.  As if I am not busy enough I have decided to start working again.  I am very excited about this.  I still want to be able to be the "stay at home mom" and run carpool, handle cleaning, laundry, cooking, etc but I have decided that there is some room in my already full life for professional development as well.  I will be taking on just a few clients and working part time from my home.  As Steuart is unable to attend daycare due to his health issues I cannot work outside of the home so I am bringing work into the home.  I have been out of the game for a little while but stay current through blogs and newsletters for social media.  This will provide a new challenge for me that I am very much looking forward to.  Stay tuned for exciting updates and news about new clients!  

We have not had to really go anywhere lately which is a good thing.  Mardi Gras was very busy between balls, barn parties and parades but we found a way to stay sane and have a good time with the kiddos.  I am very glad it is over though.  Jason had a blast riding a couple of times this year and I had fun getting up at the crack of dawn after the balls!  

Steuart will have his surgery exactly two months from today so I am working hard to put things in place for Hunter for our absence and make sure he is taken care of.  Since my mother will be here I am not worried about him but sure will miss him while we are gone.  Good thing I will now have something to work on from the hospital :-)  Hunter is still the best big brother on the planet and is very excited about the school year winding down so he can be a "grader" next year.  

Jason is once again on the committee for the Chili Cook-off for the American Cancer Society.  He is the Entertainment Chair again so we will be out to support that event.  He has also been racking up brownie points at home for doing morning carpool, bringing home fresh flowers and cooking dinner.  

One thing that I have found rather exciting that I may not have before is researching cars.  I am starting to look into what my next car will be since we have completely outgrown my pathfinder.  I love it but I need a 3rd row and cargo space so I have really focused on Ford Expeditions.  I hear they have more cargo space that the Tahoe/ Yukon when the 3rd row is up.  Jason wants to go American this time to support our already struggling economy.  Interesting choice as I have never had anything but Japanese cars but hey- I will try most anything once.  So there is that!

I'm also taking suggestions for new topics!  I come up with stuff to blog about all the time but by the time I sit down to do it I forget.  Send some to me!  













No comments:

Post a Comment